After making pimento cheese last week, my husband and I were pretty much putting it on everything. I had made tacos just a few nights later, and instead of using regular cheese, he slathered the pimento cheese on instead. Genius! That’s when we started scheming up this taco recipe.
It may not be the prettiest taco out there, but it is mighty tasty and really easy to make. I slow-cooked two thick cut, bone-in pork chops in my crock pot with chicken stock, some spices, and bit of liquid smoke until the meat was tender enough to be pulled apart with two forks. I then just piled it on top of a taco, slathered with some pimento cheese, then topped all that with some cole slaw.
- 2 bone in, thick cut pork chops
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4-6 tbsp pimento cheese
- 1 cup cole slaw
- Place pork chops in a slow cooker top with chicken stock, vinegar, liquid smoke, sugar, and spices.
- Cook on low for eight hours or high for four hours.
- Shred pork using two forks and remove from slow cooker.
- Assemble the tacos by warming the tortillas in the microwave with a damp paper towel for 15-30 seconds.
- Spread about 2 tsp of pimento cheese on top of the tortilla.
- Top with a generous helping of pork and cole slaw.