If you thought January first marked the end of the gift giving season, think again. We have Valentines Day right around the corner. Then Mother’s Day and Father’s Day right after that. And what about all those friends getting married, buying a new home, having babies? There’s a lot of gift giving left, my friends.
My favorite kinds of gifts to give, especially as wedding gifts or to celebrate a new baby, are those that are personal and show the person how much they mean to me. Something that they couldn’t get just anywhere.
Lately, I’ve had a lot of friends have babies and my favorite thing to give the new mom is a beautiful necklace that holds some meaning. Uncommon Goods has a lot of unique, hand made jewelry pieces that would be great for anyone. They also have a lot of other unique gifts to give for any occasion. Here are some of my favorites:
- I am sort of obsessed with lockets. If I had a child, or even a dog, I would definitely be wearing their picture in this locket. I think they are so sweet and would make a wonderful gift for a new mom, grandmother, or yourself!
- Another one of my favorite gifts to give my new-mom friends is something that has their baby’s name on it. This necklace is so subtle that only the wearer knows the true meaning. The necklace has beads on it in a Morse code to represent the name of your choice. Here are other delicate necklace options.
- For the person or couple that loves to travel, why not get them this personalized map. The best part about this map is that it is mounted on cork board so that they can use push pins to mark all the places they have been! This seriously may be my new go-to wedding gift for my friends!
- I love the idea of getting something for new parents to hang in their nursery like this birth announcement. I know I had a birth announcement as a baby, but it’s probably tucked away in some box. Why not display it proudly so that the parents always remember that special day.
- Now this necklace is a gift for any mom! What a beautiful way to show off the whole family, with all the kids birthstones. Birthstone necklaces are some of my favorite, but if you aren’t a fan of your birthstone, there are some other beautiful necklace options.
- These cuff links have to be my favorite gift idea (maybe ever)! It would be prefect for either a wedding or anniversary gift for your husband or husband-to-be (or even father of the bride!). Most of us get our wedding dresses altered so there will be some extra dress fabric to spare. Use that extra fabric to put into cuff links for your man to wear on the wedding day, or just for all those special occasions after.
- These mugs are the cutest gift for just about any occasion – Valentine’s, Mothers, Fathers, Labor Day…whatever! Every family member gets their own mug with a cute caricature of themselves on it. No more fighting over the mugs.
- If you and your significant other have a special place, memorialize the cross streets with this print! The would be a great Valentine’s Day gift or 1st Anniversary gift (the traditional gift is paper).
There are so many other amazing personal gifts that would be perfect for your significant other, newlyweds, new parents, or family members at Uncommon Goods. This cutting board would be a great wedding shower gift. This necklace looks like initials carved into a tree and would be perfect for your girlfriend or wife. Here is another great birthstone necklace for a mom or grandma. We also have a few friends who have either gotten these custom whiskey barrels to use for their wedding ceremony or to give for the wooden anniversary.
Thanks to Uncommon Goods for sponsoring this post. Words and opinions are my own.