This is going to be a pretty quick post because as I sit here writing this we are waiting for our Uber to pick us up and take us to the airport and this is the last post I wanted to get scheduled before I go. Where are we?? Well, if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you probably already know. We start our trip in Berlin, but by the time you read this we will be in Prague.
So I apologize for the short post, but these brownies pretty much speak for themselves. I don’t have to tell you how good they are because they look delicious! I know they were delicious because my husband, who lacks a sweet tooth, devoured about half the batch in 2 days.
I started with my favorite brownie mix (Ghirardelli) and mixed in some crushed Oreos. Then I made a cream cheese mixture and folded in some more Oreos.
I then poured the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter and swirled it all together. I should note, I would have loved to add more cookies on top, but my husband ate a few too many Oreos before I could make these. Silly boy.
I baked these following the same instructions on the back of the brownie mix box and they turned out perfectly. It was a struggle to let them cool all the way before I cut into them. Clearly I didn’t wait to long before digging in.
The brownies along are amazing. Ghirardelli seriously makes the best brownie mix. Like I don’t even bother making them from scratch because it’s so much easier to mix up their batter. But with the pieces of cookies and the creamy swirl that almost tastes like cheesecake, these brownies are delish! It is just such an easy way to take a basic brownie and make it even better.
- 1 box brownie mix, prepared per box instructions
- 1 brick of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10-15 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to the 325 degrees, or the temperature on the brownie mix instructions.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, egg, sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in half of the Oreo mixture.
- Fold the rest of the Oreo mixture into the prepared brownie batter. Then pour the batter into a greased or lined square baking tin. Spoon cream cheese mixture on top to form an even layer. With a spoon or knife, swirl the cream cheese layer into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting.