My husband and I just celebrated our second anniversary this past weekend. We didn’t do anything incredibly special, just went out to dinner and opened that special bottle of wine we had been saving for a special occasion. Even our gift to each other wasn’t really special, more practical. We decided for our ‘Cotton Anniversary’ to get a new couch. Romantic, right? But at least we are keeping with tradition! I have to it admit, it was difficult coming up with gift ideas for the second anniversary. Everything we thought of didn’t quite excite us, and in the end we thought we would get more use out of a new couch. But I did want to share with you a couple of the ideas that we did seriously consider
A lot of these ideas would work be a great gifts for both husband and wife, or a gift you give to yourselves.
- Sheets and Bedding. I bet the last time you got new sheets and bedding was for your wedding. Well now would be a great time to get a fresh new set. Maybe even something with a higher thread count or a different color to acknowledge your first two years of wedded bliss.
- His and Hers Towels. I don’t know about you and your husband/wife, but my husband and I can never tell whose towel is whose, and sometimes we end up using their already used wet towel. I would love to get a pair of towels embroidered with “his” and “hers so that we are never confused.
- Quilt. Quilts are such a wonderful keepsake that can actually serve a purpose. Do you have special items of clothing, t-shirts, or other fabric that you don’t mind cutting up? You could even get photos printed onto fabric to sew into the quilt as well. Even if it is just something you make or have made, it will be something special to remind you of year two every time you use it to cuddle under.
- Canvas Print. Nowadays you can put anything on canvas: a wedding photo, your vows, a map, a piece of art (your own, or professional). My personal favorite, and something that my husband found, is getting your vows printed onto a canvas which you can hang up in your home to remind you of your special day.
- Monogrammed Robes. This may be one of those gifts that would be great for a wife, but maybe not for your husband (my husband would not use a robe). I personally love robes, especially those really nice, fluffy ones they have in nice hotels. A really nice robe will last for years and will make those minutes after your shower in the morning that much cozier.
- Clothes. If both you and your hubby are fashinista/os at heart, you could each treat the other to a brand new outfit (preferably made of cotton, like a dress, jeans, oxford shirt, etc.). The experience of shopping for one another will be a lot of fun and you can wear your new duds to a nice anniversary dinner.
Hope this helps inspire your gift giving for your second anniversary! And if you are looking for ideas for the first anniversary, check our my post from the previous year.