Right now, Trader Joe’s is my go-to grocery store. It has great prices and good quality products. Plus, the options are relatively limited and its much smaller than a normal grocery store, so it’s quick and easy for me to get in-and-out of.
Lately, Trader Joe’s has come out with a few products (maybe they have been around a while, but I just now noticed them) that have changed my life for the better. Some of these items are just delicious indulgences. But my favorite are those items that make my dinner-making routine quicker, easier, and healthier.
1. Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter with Flax & Chia Seeds – I love peanut butter…will literally eat it off a spoon…so if there is any way to make peanut butter a little bit healthier, I am all for it! The flax and chia seeds do add some texture, but also some healthy fats and fiber. I like to eat it on a slice of toast of an apple wedge for a healthy snack!
2. Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar Dark Chocolate Almonds – Oh my gosh you guys, these are absolutely delicious! Dark chocolate covered almonds sprinkled with sea salt. Sweet, salty, crunchy deliciousness.
3. Clarified Butter – I ended up getting this when I tried out the Whole 30 diet and now even off the diet I am hooked. It has been a great addition to my pantry and I reach for it often when I am cooking. Sure you can make your own clarified butter, but this jar was pretty inexpensive and a little goes a long way.
4. Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate – This Summer has been unusually hot, so this has been a refreshing replacement for my morning hot cup of coffee. I just add a touch or two of almond milk and a little sweetener. The flavor is a bit more concentrated so adding extra water or milk might be necessary.
5. Just Mango Slices – These guys are addicting! They taste just like mango (obviously), but have the texture of a chewy fruit leather. The best part is they contain 1 ingredient: mango. An awesome, healthy snack!
6. Organic Riced Cauliflower – If you are on a paleo diet or just avoiding carbs, this product will change your life. Want to make cauli-rice? Just thaw in the microwave and sautee for a few minutes. So much easier than pulling out your food processor and ricing your own cauliflower.
7. Fire Roasted Bell Peppers and Onions – Maybe it’s just us, but we use a lot of bell peppers and onions (fajitas, anyone?). Sure I could cut up an onion and a couple bell peppers, but when I am short on time, this little bag is a life saver! Plus, they have that added flavor from being fire roasted. And don’t worry…no added ingredients. Just peppers and onions.
There are so many other great things at Trader Joe’s that I couldn’t fit into one post. I am sure I will have a follow up to this as TJ continues to rock my world with some awesome products.
What are some of your favorite offerings from Trader Joe’s?