It has been a while since I have been in the kitchen baking….but it felt so good to be back! And since the leaves are starting to change and pumpkin stands are popping up everywhere, I decided to jump on the seasonal pumpkin bandwagon.
While browsing Target’s candy aisle for goodies for a Fall themed care package for some girlfriends, I ran across some Pumpkin Spice Hersey Kisses. This isn’t really my type of candy – I am a classic Kiss girl – but I knew they would be an excellent addition to some cookies!
After baking the cookies for about 10 minutes, I immediately pulled them out of the oven and pressed a Kiss into the top of the soft cookie. Because these Kisses aren’t as dense and actually have a soft filling, they don’t keep their Kiss-like shape, and sort of melt down into a thumbprint.
And once they come out of the oven, your kitchen will smell like Fall!
Is there anything better?
If you can’t get your hands on a bag of the Pumpkin Spice Kisses, you can just skip that step. The snickerdoodles on their own with that extra spice are delicious! Plus, they are the softest, fluffiest, and crumbliest cookies I have ever made. Simply wonderful!
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 tbsp (or remaining) pumpkin spice
- 24 Pumpkin Spice Hersey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture, and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and pumpkin spice.
- Spoon about 1-1.5 tbsp into your palm and roll into a ball. Roll ball into sugar mixture and then place on baking sheet. Continue with remaining dough, placing the balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Immediately press a unwrapped Kiss into the soft cookie. Let cool on wire rack.