For those of you who happened to follow my old blog (hi, Mom!), you may remember this recipe. For some reason is has been one of my more popular recipes on Pinterest so it made a good candidate for my “test” blog post.
I made these muffins after a trip up to the mountains near Charlotte this past Fall. We had so many apples I need to find creative ways to use them all. They turned out wonderfully. So much so, I will probably make this a Fall staple.
- 1 ball of pizza dough (enough for 1 large or 2 individual pizzas)
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 peach, sliced
- 4-6 slices prosciutto
- 1/4-1/2 mozzarella cheese
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the grill to around 400 degrees.
- Roll out the dough into 1 large disc or two individual sized discs until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the rolled out dough on indirect heat and cover the grill. Let cook for about 2 minutes then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the grill and assemble the toppings on the pizza starting with the ricotta, then the peaches, prosciutto, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place pizzas back on the grill, cover, and cook for another 5-6 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Remove from the grill, sprinkle on the basil, then cut and serve.